We are proud to announce the second international e-conversion conference to be held at Venice International University (VIU), San Servolo, Italy from October 4 – 7, 2022.
With this conference, we wish to foster scientific exchange between the members of the cluster and renowned scientists from around the globe. The talks shall also give the graduate students of e-conversion an overview of current research topics on fundamental research concerning energy conversion processes. We trust that the enchanting atmosphere of the beautiful island of San Servolo in the Venetian Lagoon will stimulate many discussions between speakers and participants. A majority of the 53 PIs involved within e-conversion will be present at the conference, ensuring a broad and stimulating audience.
The conference will of course be held in accordance with the COVID-19 regulations applicable in Venice at that time (see Quick Links on the right).
List of Confirmed Invited Speakers so far
- Antonio Abate (Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin)
- Thorsten Bach (Technische Universität München)
- Friedhelm Bechstedt (Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena)
- Lifeng Chi (Soochow University)
- Kyoung-Shin Choi (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- James Durrant (Imperial College)
- Kazuhiro Fukami (Kyoto University)
- Thomas Heine (Technische Universität Dresden)
- René Janssen (TU Eindhoven)
- Julia Kunze-Liebhäuser (Universität Innsbruck)
- Michal Leskes (Weizmann Institute)
- Nicolas Plumeré (Technische Universität München)
- Nini Pryds (DTU Denmark)
- Beatriz Roldán Cuenya (Fritz-Haber-Institut der MPG)
- Jennifer Rupp (Technische Universität München)
- Mark T. Spitler (University of North Carolina)
- Francesca Maria Toma (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
- Marc Georg Willinger (Technische Universität München)
- Thomas Bein (LMU)
- Jonathan Finley (TUM)
- Ulrich Heiz (TUM)
- Dario Leister (LMU)
- Tim Liedl (LMU)
- Bettina Lotsch (MPI for Solid State Research)
- Karsten Reuter (Fritz Haber Institute)
- Ian Sharp (TUM)
In addition to the talks, all participants are invited to present a poster at one of the poster sessions. Please submit your abstract during registration or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using our abstract template.
If you need childcare during the conference at home or in Venice, please contact email@example.com for options.
We have booked rooms at the following hotels in Venice from Monday, October 3 to Saturday, October 8, 2022:
- Centro Culturale Don Orione: www.donorione-venezia.it
- Foresteria Valdese di Venezia: www.foresteriavenezia.it
Rooms with two, three or four beds will be available for students, single rooms for professors, post-docs, group leaders and speakers.
We will organize a train transfer from Munich to Venice on October 3 (Departure: 11:34 h, Munich Central Station) as well as from Venice to Munich on October 8 (Arrival: 20:26 h, Munich Central Station).
The historic center of Venice is quite small so that you can walk to most of the interesting places. In addition, you can take the waterbuses (called Vaporetto) across the famous Canal Grande or take other lines to travel to the small islands closeby. For the transfer from the airport to the historic part of Venice you may use the bus or the waterbus. Once in Venice, you have to take the waterbus No. 20 to reach the conference venue on San Servolo.
Boat to Conference Location (linea 20)
The boat from Venice to San Servolo (No. 20) leaves from the stop “San Zaccaria” close to the Piazza San Marco; the stop is in front of the “Londra Palace Hotel”.
For those participants going to Venice by train on October 3, the e-conversion staff will book Vaporetto-Tickets (valid from Sunday to Friday) in advance and hand them out after arrival in Venice. These tickets are valid for all buses and waterbuses in Venice and also for the boat traffic through Canal Grande, to San Servolo and to other islands.
In case that you do not book a conference ticket, you can buy waterbus tickets in Venice at the ACTV counters found at major waterbus/bus stations.
Venice International University (VIU)
Isola di San Servolo
Registration & abstract submission:
by August 31, 2022
Tuesday, Oct 4, 2022, 9:15 a.m.
Friday, Oct 7, 2022, 7:30 p.m.
⇒ Poster Session
⇒ Conference program web app
⇒ Conference program download
⇒ Abstract template download
⇒ COVID-19 regulations at VIU
⇒ COVID-19 traveller information
The registration is closed now.