The four Munich Clusters of Excellence will present themselves together on Mouse Door Opener Day, 03.10.2022 from 09:00 to 17:00, in the new Science Congress Center Munich (GALILEO) at the Garching Research Centre. At the joint stand, there will be exciting experiments for children and young people, lots of information about the clusters and an exciting quiz with great prizes!
Where will we get our energy from in the future? What is a quantum computer? How does Alzheimer’s disease develop? And what happened after the Big Bang? Discover all this at the four Munich Clusters of Excellence e-conversion, MCQST, SyNergy and ORIGINS:
– Construct a battery from fruit and vegetables.
– Stand in a research lab with the help of VR glasses.
– Discover nerve cells with a microscope.
– Make “fridge magnets” with pictures of galaxies to take home.
– Grab a helmet and take a photo in the tunnel of the famous particle accelerator at CERN.
When: 03.10.2022 from 09:00 to 17:00
Where: Science Congress Center Munich (GALILEO), Walther-von-Dyck-Straße 10, 85748 Garching; underground U6, stop: Garching Forschungszentrum
More information about the Mouse Door Opener Day on the WDR’s Mouse page
Further Mouse Door Opener activities at the Garching Research Centre
Mouse Day 2022 at the Munich Institute of Biomedical Engineering (MIBE)
Open Day at the Research Neutron Source (FRM II)